Russian Cottage is situated in a secluded location near Calton Lees overlooking farmland. Approached along a private road through bluebell woods, Russain Cottage offers he perfect getaway but is still only a 25-minute walk through the Park to Chatsworth.
The Cottage was built following a gift of a model of a Russian Farm to the 6th Duke of Devonshire in 1855 from the brother of Tsar Nicholas of Russia. The Tsar and the 6th Duke had become friends following the Duke's visit to Russia in 1816 when he served as the British Ambassador to the Coronation. An exchange visit in 1844 was planned but unfortunately, the Tsar had to cancel his visit. Instead, the Duke was sent an intricate model of a Russian farmhouse as a reminder and keepsake, from which came the inspiration to build Russian Cottage.
Dogs are welcomed at a rate of £25 per dog per stay, please advise our reservations team when making your booking that you shall be bringing a dog with you.
- "Just as pictured and asked for- idyllic! The most wonderful place I have ever seen and stayed in, just perfect! A totally relaxing week away, thank you." - Sue and Nickki, Portsmouth
- “One of the best short stay holidays we’ve ever had” - The Flavell Party September 2019
- Well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Utility room with washer/dryer
- Central heating and hot water from a Ground Source heating system
- Private gravel track to Russian Cottage accessible by most normal cars.
- Welcome Pack
- Linen and Towels
- Private garden
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (subject to availability)
- 3 Miles from Chatsworth